Bolton Wanderers have been issued with a winding-up petition over an unpaid £5 million loan that paved the way for a takeover of the League One side. Finance firm BluMarble lent the money to Sports Shield BWFC, a consortium led by former Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth. Alongside Inner Circle ...
The number of winding-up petitions issued by creditors to companies are on the rise, new research from the Business Sale Report shows.
Owner of Saucy Fish Co put up for sale
Historic fashion chain Jaeger falls into administration
Wood Group to acquire rival Amec Foster Wheeler for £2.2bn
Nottingham hotel and wedding venue up for sale for £1.9m
- Founders don’t always win big on ‘successful’ exits
- The most common hold-ups in a business acquisition
- Survey of pub sales reveals large increase in freehouse deals
- Alternative finance available via ‘Asset Based Lending’ leaps to £4.3 billion
- Company liquidation rate in England & Wales lowest since records began in 1984
- Manny Stul – EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- A guide to buying assets from insolvent companies
- What now for British M&A?
- What would Brexit mean for the business for sale marketplace?
- What are you waiting for? It’s a great time to grow by buying another business.