Sun, 24 May 2020 | ADMINISTRATION
The parent company of coach holiday company National Holidays has stopped trading and administrators appointed. Specialist Leisure Group Ltd operates several businesses, hotels and brands in the travel sector, all of which have immediately closed down.
National Holidays ran coach holidays from locations including North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough, Stockton, Darlington, Durham and Newcastle. All trips booked with the firm have been cancelled. Its closure has been put down to the impact of coronavirus, according to a spokesperson from the parent company.
The spokesperson said: "All tours, cruises, holidays and hotel breaks have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled. "The Specialist Leisure Group operated several businesses that sold holidays and other travel arrangements … which have all ceased to trade, due to the impact of COVID-19."
Other brands in the group include Country Living Hotels, Bay Hotels and Shearings. All in all 64,000 bookings have been cancelled.
According to ABTA, most of the bookings were for coach package holidays, which were protected, meaning customers should be getting full refunds.
Here is a listing of the hotels operated by the Specialist Leisure Group, and are now under the control of the administrators at EY. Many of these hotels were believed to be very profitable before the coronavirus crisis.
• Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, Ilfracombe
• Bay Carlton Hotel, Great Yarmouth
• Bay Prince of Wales Hotel, Berkeley
• Bay Great Western Hotel, Obanâ¨
• Bay Highland Hotel, Strathpefferâ¨
• Bay Royal Whitby Hotel, Whitbyâ¨
• Bay Tarbet Hotel, Loch Lomondâ¨
• Bay Broadway Park Hotel, Sandownâ¨
• Bay Marina Hotel, Newquayâ¨
• Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, Bournemouthâ¨
• Bay Eden Arms Hotel, Rushyfordâ¨
• Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel, Eastbourneâ¨
• Bay Grand Hotel, Exmouthâ¨
• Bay Marine Hotel, Llandudnoâ¨
• Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, Weymouthâ¨
• Bay Caledonian Hotel, Fort William
• Bay New Southlands Hotel, Scarboroughâ¨
• Bay Libertys Hotel, Blackpoolâ¨
• Bay Norbreck Hotel, Scarboroughâ¨
• Bay Torbay Hotel, Torquayâ¨
• Bay Esplanade Hotel, Paigntonâ¨
• Bay St Ives Bay Hotel, St Ivesâ¨
• Bay Tor Park Hotel, Torquayâ¨
• Bay Waverley Castle Hotel, Melroseâ¨
• Bay Burlington Hotel, Eastbourneâ¨
• Bay County Hotel, Llandudnoâ¨
• Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel, Lyntonâ¨
• Bay Beresford Hotel, Newquayâ¨
• Bay Strathmore Hotel, Morecambeâ¨
• Bay Savoy Hotel, Bournemouthâ¨
• Bay Grand Atlantic Hotel, Weston-super-Mare
Coast & Country Hotels
• The George Hotel, Chollerfordâ¨
• The Imperial Exmouth Hotel, Exmouthâ¨
• The Golden Lion, Hunstantonâ¨
• The Derwentwater Hotel, Keswickâ¨
• The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, Pitlochryâ¨
• The Portpatrick Hotel, Portpatrickâ¨
• The Ship & Castle Hotel, St Mawesâ¨
• The Charlecote Pheasant, Stratford upon Avonâ¨
• The Imperial Tenby, Tenbyâ¨
• The Grand Atlantic, Weston-super-Mareâ¨
• The Windermere Hotel, Windermere
Country Living Hotels
• Country Living Lansdown Grove, Bathâ¨
• Country Living St George, Harrogate
Also closing are the Wallace Arnold travel shops, UKBreakAways.com, SportingBreaks.com and Caledonian Travel.
Well established online tour agent (ota) - fully relocatable turnover for year end march 2019 £313,655. Business opportunity & partnership over 11 years trading with a fantastic reputation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to acquire a well-established online bridge club with over 2 decades of trading history. Based in London, this online gaming company enjoys a thriving membership base of dedicated bridge players across the world.
An award winning, exclusive beauty salon based in East Anglia has come to market after having built up an envious reputation providing top quality treatments to it's clientele.
Newcastle-based contractor Kapex Construction Limited has en...
Sign up to receive our acquisition alert emails to get your FREE guide
Business Sale Report is your complete solution to finding great acquisition opportunities.
Join today to receive:
All this and much more, including the latest M&A news and exclusive resources