Fashion retailer Boohoo grabs majority stake in Pretty Little Thing

Wed, 14 Dec 2016 | BUSINESS SALE

Online retailer Boohoo has acquired a majority stake in fellow fashion firm Pretty Little Thing for £3.3 million.

Peter Williams, Boohoo's chairman said Pretty Little Thing was a "natural fit" and would complement Boohoo's "inclusive and innovative" brand.

Pretty Little Thing was established in 2012 by Umar Kamani, the son of Boohoo founder Mahmud Kamani.

Under Umar’s stewardship the brand has enjoyed significant growth and now dispatches around 20,000 deliveries worldwide every day.

Boohoo offers “cutting-edge design with an affordable price tag” and is a prime example of ‘fast fashion’ retail, with as many as 100 new pieces being added to its website every day.

As part of the deal Boohoo will take 66 per cent of Pretty Little Thing’s issued share capital, with the remaining 34 per cent being used to “incentivise” Umar Kamani and his management team to meet revenue targets.

In 2022, Boohoo will have the option to buy the outstanding 34 per cent at market value.

Peter Williams said: “Umar and his team are to be congratulated for creating a fantastic brand, which complements Boohoo's own inclusive and innovative brand, and we are delighted to add this fast growing, international business to the group.”

Umar Kamani said: “As part of the Boohoo group, we will continue to build on our strong brand positioning and we are excited by the prospect of continuing to anticipate and set trends."

Boohoo announced the acquisition as it posted a trading update, raising its estimate for full-year sales growth to between 38 per cent and 42 per cent, boosted by strong Black Friday and Christmas trading.

Find retail businesses for sale.


Share this article



Latest Businesses for Sale

Fintech Company: Comparison of Trading Platforms for Traders
UK Wide

Extensively developed platform, generating a consistent stream of revenue from affiliate agreement commissions and contracted advertising packages. The company compares trading platforms operating in forex, stocks, crypto and commodities. Fully reloc...

Asking Price: Offers Invited
Turnover: £666,305

RELOCATABLE


Electrical Product Specialists
Hampshire, UK Wide

A great opportunity to take on a respectable electrical control panel manufacturer in Hampshire is now available to the market. High end technology. Registered ECA member. Commercial client base. Skilled team of staff. Excellent reputation. Offers in...

Asking Price: £900,000
Turnover: £578,207

LEASEHOLD


Coach Transport, Services, MOT & Repair (Fast Sale)
London, UK

Offers required by August 26th, 2020 - 6:00pm. Established in 1971, this North London based coach company operates a fleet of 14 executive/luxury coaches (7 of which are unencumbered) with seating for up to 70 passengers, and 1 wheelchair accessible...

Asking Price: Offers Invited
Turnover: £1,100,000


View more businesses for sale

News Search

Latest News

 
07
 
Aug
 

Wrexham-based wire firm falls into administration | ADMINISTRATION

Wire manufacturer Wrexham Wire has fallen into administratio...

 
06
 
Aug
 

Leading UK tour operator Ski Weekends enters administration | ADMINISTRATION

One of the UK’s leading ski tour operators Harris Holi...

 
05
 
Aug
 

Pizza Express puts itself up for sale and looks to close 67 outlets | BUSINESS SALE

Pizza Express has announced that it is seeking a buyer for i...

Free guide: 10 Biggest Buyer Mistakes

Sign up to receive our acquisition alert emails to get your FREE guide

Email


Related News

 
18
 
Jun
 

Boohoo retailer considers sale | BUSINESS SALE

Online clothing retailer Boohoo is thought to be considering...

Want access to the latest businesses for sale?

Business Sale Report is your complete solution to finding great acquisition opportunities.

Join today to receive:

  • Comprehensive range of businesses for sale
  • Make direct contact with business sellers or their intermediaries
  • Access to all UK administrations, liquidations and winding-up petitions
  • Daily email alerts for the latest businesses for sale & distressed notifications
  • Business Sale Report publication posted to you every month
  • Advertise your acquisition requirements on our "business wanted" section

All this and much more, including the latest M&A news and exclusive resources