Superbreak and LateRooms travel businesses for sale after administrators appointed

Mon, 05 Aug 2019 | BUSINESS SALE



The Malvern Group, parent company of LateRooms and Superbreak, has been put up for sale after part-owner Cox & Kings defaulted on loan repayments.

The Indian travel specialist owns 49 per cent of shares in the Malvern Group, with the other 51 per cent owned by undisclosed private investors. However, failing to pay the debt has resulted in credit ratings agencies downgrading the company, and thus forcing shareholders to put the group up for sale.

The businesses also faced tough competition this year and its customers have clearly been less certain about their travel plans.

According to figures, the Malvern Group made a net loss of around £6.5 million last year despite taking more than 700,000 bookings. Advisors from KPMG have now been appointed to manage the ongoing sales process.

A statement from the group read: "The management team recently appointed advisors from KPMG to undertake an accelerated sales process to ensure further investment, and have engaged with our principal bankers to secure interim funding.

"Unfortunately, given the short timeframe enabled by our cash position and despite interest from potential purchasers, we have been unable to secure bank support or a sale of the business.

"As a result, Late Rooms Ltd (t/a LateRooms.com), Superbreak Mini-Holidays Ltd (t/a Super Break) and Malvern Travel Technology Limited are unable to continue on a solvent basis and have ceased trading."

In spite of this, the administrators have confirmed that they are still interested in hearing from potential buyers for the business or its assets as they seek to generate proceeds. However, they added that they fear the funds secured from any sales are unlikely to be substantial.

Commenting on the decision to seek a buyer, executive chairman of the Malvern Group Hugo Kimber said: "To be so close to delivering our goal of an integrated, dynamic and commercially successful business, that could provide significant value through its innovative products, is heart-breaking."


Share this article



Latest Businesses for Sale

Hair & Beauty Salon
Bayswater, London, UK

Once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase a Hair and Beauty business directly next door to one of London’s most exciting mixed use development projects, Whitley’s. The business is now been run to suit our clients whose other business interests are n...

Asking Price: £200,000
Turnover: £300,000

LEASEHOLD


Beauty Salon
London, UK

A uniquely designed and branded beauty business opportunity offering both male and female ‘Sprucing and Beautification’ services. The business opened its doors 5 years ago and due to the time required by our client on his other business interests is...

Asking Price: £180,000
Turnover: £300,000

LEASEHOLD


Children's Play Centre
Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, UK Wide

A vibrant soft play centre which was established in 2014 by our client, who is now looking to concentrate on her family. There is scope to development including utilising some of the first floor area to create a third party room and hiring the venue...

Asking Price: £384,995
Turnover: £319,000

LEASEHOLD



View more businesses for sale

News Search

Latest News

 
20
 
Aug
 

EAG construction business snapped up by Elaghmore | BUSINESS SALE

English Architectural Glazing Limited (EAG) has been snapped...

 
19
 
Aug
 

Childcare entrepreneur boosts portfolio with Liverpool acquisition | BUSINESS SALE

The Griffin Nursery, a children’s day nursery in Bootl...

 
15
 
Aug
 

Payroll and HR companies acquired by software group | BUSINESS SALE

IRIS Software Group has finalised the agreement of intent to...

Free guide: 10 Biggest Buyer Mistakes

Sign up to receive our acquisition alert emails to get your FREE guide

Email


Related News

 
09
 
Jul
 

Assets for sale as engineering firm appoints administrators | ADMINISTRATION

An engineering firm based in South Yorkshire has fallen into...

 
26
 
Jun
 

'All options' being explored for collapsed Welsh cheese maker | ADMINISTRATION

A cheese-making factory in Snowdonia has collapsed into admi...

 
02
 
Apr
 

Administrators appointed at Yorkshire engineering firm | ADMINISTRATION

An engineering contractor from West Yorkshire has been force...

Want access to the latest businesses for sale?

Business Sale Report is your complete solution to finding great acquisition opportunities.

Join today to receive:

  • Comprehensive range of businesses for sale
  • Make direct contact with business sellers or their intermediaries
  • Access to all UK administrations, liquidations and winding-up petitions
  • Daily email alerts for the latest businesses for sale & distressed notifications
  • Business Sale Report publication posted to you every month
  • Advertise your acquisition requirements on our "business wanted" section

All this and much more, including the latest M&A news and exclusive resources